Friday, October 3, 2008

My Birthday: August 2nd





I had a very nice birthday. I worked for a few hours, and Jill, one of the people who rents out space in the shop (she sells used books, clothes, jewelry, etc.) told me I could take anything from her area for my birthday, which was very sweet of her. So I chose a lovely white skirt with brown designs.


After work we all (Heather, Michael, Katie & self) to a lovely restaurant in Cortland (about a half hour drive) that serves Greek & Middle Eastern food: hummus, falafel, stuffed grape leaves...


Of course, after coming home I opened gifts, and I had a lovely icecream cake. And in the evening, we watched PRISONER OF ZENDA (with lovely Ronald Colman, of course!). It was a very nice day.
I forgot to mention that on my birthday some boxes from Aunt Laura came (stuff she was getting rid of), which had an interesting assortment of a cat figurine collection, clothes, jewelry and the like, and there was this AMAZING, exotic dress in there that fit me (I was happy to find out) and I wore it to church the next day. I had to include a picture of it, as the dress is so stunning.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That exotic dress is stunning! You look great in it! I also like the white skirt. I'm sorry I missed your birthday! I'm glad to hear it was a good day. I will find a present for you.... though it might come around Christmas. :-)